W Jones Street
Raleigh, NC 27603
Downtown Raleigh's Distinguished Capital District
The Capital District is home to Raleigh's government buildings and museums, and there are a world of experiences and exhibits that residents can access just steps from their doorway. This Downtown Raleigh neighborhood holds special value for the residents living here. Not only can they access the best that Downtown Raleigh has to offer, they live in an urban neighborhood steeped in prestige. The historic State Capitol is here, along with the Governor's Mansion and North Carolina State Legislative Building.
What also makes the Capital District a popular place to live is its convenience to all the other Downtown Raleigh districts: Glenwood South, Warehouse District, Fayetteville Street District, and Moore Square District. Endless opportunities for shopping, dining, cultural experiences, and nightlife are mere minutes away.
View the Newest Listings
Easily Access Downtown Raleigh's Top-Rated Attractions
Downtown Raleigh's Capital District is home to the area's best museums, where residents and visitors spend hours exploring Raleigh's history and natural wonders at the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences, North Carolina Museum of History, and Marbles Kids Museum.
History enthusiasts will adore living in the Capital District, too, as it's saturated with historic homes and neighborhoods that have been preserved for generations. You can take self-guided tours throughout the district and gaze at the architectural marvels throughout, or visit the State Capitol, Haywood Hall, and Governor's Mansion.
But shopping, dining, entertainment, and nightlife options are within easy reach, as well. Downtown Raleigh's Fayetteville Street is steps from the State Capitol building for easy access to shops, restaurants, and popular events.
Capital District Statistics
- 3.5 million square feet of government office space
- 1.4 million visitors to NC Museum of History and NC Museum of Natural Sciences in 2015
- 9,000 employees work in the Capital District
- 276 new residential units under construction
Popular Residential Communities
The Capital District is the perfect blend of historic single-family homes and modern condominiums, which adds to its reputation as a prestigious place to live in the Raleigh area. Some of the most popular neighborhoods and condo buildings in the Capital District include:
- The Quorum Center & The Residences: condos with breathtaking views, 10ft. ceilings, large windows, and gourmet kitchens; amenities include rooftop gardens and assigned parking spaces in a secured parking deck.
- New Bern Place: updated condos with hardwood floors and built-in bookshelves, many with views of the gardens in historic Haywood Hall.
- Historic Oakwood: a grand 19th-century neighborhood featuring beautiful single-family homes in a variety of architectural styles.
Live in the Heart of the Capital District
As a resident of the Capital District, you can live in a neighborhood that showcases Raleigh's history and modern appeal. You're just minutes from everything, and you live in a home that reflects the best of life in Downtown Raleigh.
If you are ready to view your favorite properties in the Capital District, just call us at 919-235-0007 to schedule a showing.
Recently Sold in the Capital District
This data was last updated on: 07/14/20 11:50 AM. A full data refresh was last performed on: 07/12/20 03:29 PM.